Return to School
Students Return to School
August 13, 2020
In our preparation for school starting in August, our goal is to work with every family to find the learning option that is best for their child(ren). We know some parents and students may not be comfortable returning to campus while others are ready to come back today. Rest assured, Tahlequah Public Schools’ plan is to place each student in the most conducive learning environment possible given our available resources and the requirements set forth by the state of Oklahoma. We are working on what the school year will look like and as of today we are confident that we will be welcoming back students to our campus on August 13.
A few items that we know for sure:
- All students in grades 2-12 will be given a Chromebook and grades K-1 will be given an I-Pad. These will be incorporated into their daily routine at school and will also be taken home by the student for continued learning and in the event of any school closures that require distance learning.
- We will be able to ensure internet access at home for each student by making Hot Spots available for any student who needs one.
- We will be employing 5 new custodial staff members. 4 of these positions will be for night time decontamination of every classroom and common area using electrostatic sprayers that we are also purchasing. Our buses will also receive the same treatment daily.
- We will be making as many adjustments to our daily schedules and routines to keep our students as safe as possible. Details of these plans and adjustments will be shared with the public in early July.
- Here is a short survey posted here, if you are a parent I would ask you to take a moment to answer a few questions to assist in our planning.
Stay tuned for updates!